Welcome To My Blog!

Welcome! I am Laura Robinson, and I am a Certified Professional Wedding Planner based in Cincinnati, Ohio. I own and operate Innobrations, a unique and innovative Wedding and Event Planning Business.

There's so much to a wedding...style, ettiquette, ideas, colors, venues...the list goes on and on. Here you can find tips, ideas, trends, traditions and things that you just might not know about weddings.

Thanks so much for stopping by...and be sure to check out my website at
http://www.innobrations.com/.



Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ideas for Great Music!

Great Music + Terrific DJ = Fabulous Reception!  You've planned, paid and perused in the hopes that your guests will have a terrific time at your reception.  But what to ask the DJ to play?  Here are some ideas for some good music that will get your guests out of their chairs and out on the dance floor:

Let's Get It Started - Black Eyed Peas
Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) - Beyonce
Just Dance - Lady Gaga
Rock Your Body - Justin Timberlake
Hey Ya! - Outkast
Disturbia - Rihanna
Tubthumber - Chumbawumba
Crazy In Love - Beyonce
Get The Party Started - Pink
That's Not My Name - The Ting Tings

How about some country?  A mix of music appeals to everyone!  Some popular, toe tappin'  Country songs that are often requested at receptions:
All My Ex's Live In Texas - George Strait
Boot Scootin' Boogie - Brooks & Dunn
Chattahoochie - Alan Jackson
Forever & Ever, Amen - Randy Travis

You can't go wrong with some favorite oldies!
Brick House - The Commodores
Devil With The Blue Dress - Mitch Ryder
Hot, Hot, Hot - Buster Poindexter
I'll Be There For You - The Rembrandts
Le Freak - Chic
Louie, Louie - The Kingsman
Love Shack - The B 52's
Old Time Rock & Roll - Bob Seger
Shout - Isley Brothers
Soul Man - Blues Brothers
Twist & Shout - The Beatles
Vogue - Madonna
What I Like About You - The Romantics

Oh, those group dance songs that everyone knows...tacky, but fun!
Chicken Dance - Sorta Crackers Band
Electric Boogie (Slide) - Martha Griffiths
Locomotion - Little Eva
C'mon & Ride the Train - Quad City DJ's

Also, talk to your DJ.  He or she will know what is most popular in your area, and what just doesn't get people moving.  Working closely to select the music with your DJ will insure that he doesn't play a song that you can't stand, either! 

Looking for some help in planning a wedding to remember for a lifetime?  I'm here!  I'll do as little or as much as you'd like, and I'll fit into your budget - and I'll help you make that budget, one you can stick to!  Contact me through this blog, or call or text me at 513-407-7165.  Yay for your big day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment